Saturday 8 January 2011


Well being as my blog is all about crochet and me I thought a little introduction may not go a miss. 
I live between the mountains and the sea in beautiful North Wales, with my long suffering hubby, 3 of our 4 children, the other having just moved out of home, 2 dogs and 11 cats.

My loves include crochet (obviously), walking, Avebury and Stonehenge, in fact standing stones and stone circles anywhere, writing poetry, and Tarot reading.

Green Man © Gorsewind Crochet Designs 2010
My mum taught me to crochet probably when I was about 11 and it has been something I have done off and on for many years, blankets for the children, a few bags here and there, but then in April last year, my husband was taken ill and was unable to work. He spent many hours sat drawing and being as I didnt want to leave him for any length of time, I would sit out in the garden and crochet. And boy has it become an obsession. I started making a few hats and bags and then suddenly decided one day to try and replicate a pottery green man that I have hanging about my fire, after many hours of swearing and being nearly ready to throw the whole thing away I finally got him finished. My ambition is to have an exhibition of my crochet art, which may be a while away but I am working on it. Along with gloves, hats, toys etc, I love to crochet art, so far I have managed 2 different green men, 1 sugar skull and a collage of sunflowers which was a Christmas gift for my mum and dad. My work in progress at the moment is a tree Goddess which hopefully will be finished by the end of the month, I always have at least 3 crochet projects on the go.

Tree Goddess work in progress, © Gorsewind Crochet Designs 2010
I love texture and colour, alot of my inspiration comes from nature, whenever I am walking, my camera is with me, you never know when something will jump out at you as a potential future crochet project. My tree Goddess is being worked with hemp string, ribbon and wools to give a wonderfully tactile piece.

Well the cooker is calling for me to go and cook for everyone, we are putting up new walls in one of the bedrooms, so crochet is on hold until the dust is cleaned up again. Wishing you a happy weekend, will post again soon with some more pics of the things I have made :D

7 comments:

  1. Hi i absolutely love your greenman crochet. Ifound it on pinterest and had to have a better look. I think when i have finished my many crochet (bright pink skulls shawl from raveley) and knitting progects i woul like to try and make a similar one. Best wishes jule

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Green Man is fabulous! Please, please can you publish the pattern? I've been looking everywhere for one as I'm just not good enough yet to design my own. Bright blessings to you and yours :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please post a pattern. That is the most awesomest green man ever!!! I know my tribe would love it. Thank you
    Bobi Morris (fb too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please could I request the pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your green man, can you please post the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. pls pls pls can we have the pattern? blessed be.

    ReplyDelete