Saturday 15 January 2011

Frustration

Well, hasnt it just been one of those weeks, I have barely picked up a crochet hook. I spent a couple of hours last night, happily hooking away on a blanket I am making for friends, but apart from that it was Monday, when I was last a happy hooker. I am trying to finish stuffing and sewing together a little teddybear for my great niece who arrived last Sunday night. I then need to make cup cosies to send off to her no doubt shattered parents.

So why all this frustration, well my eldest son moved out of home nearly 2 weeks ago and our youngest son, is moving into his bedroom. Living in an oldish house, the inside walls are lathe and plaster and over the years the plaster had deteriorated into little more than a compact powder on the walls. One touch and another piece fell down, so prior to little un moving in to big uns room, I here must add that little un is 17 next month! we decided to replace the walls with plasterboard, wow doesnt that dust get everywhere! The whole house was coated with a fine layer of white powder, which seemed to reappear for days, as fast as I cleaned it up another load was there, I didnt dare get out my wool and hook. This is of course a week after the chimney decided to deposit soot into the living room each time the fire was lit, that meant sweep the chimney and anybody who has had to do it, knows it is a filthy job and the soot stays around for days afterwards. My light shades needed washing, the sofa covers, cushions everything, not crochet conducive either!

Anyway we are now in the final stages of painting little uns room, metallic blue and dark purple with red gloss work. The curtains he has chosen are grey and white stripes with fluorescent pink and green skulls on them and yes they glow in the dark ... thanks Argos :) He now wants the matching quilt cover for his birthday, guess that is present worry solved.


That neatly brings us on to my craftroom/tarot reading room/painting studio for my hubby. Little un has been living in our 2nd living room for the last 3 years and now we are finally about to reclaim it. At the moment it is his bedroom/junk room and so a massive clean up and sort out is called for. We are then going to sell all unwanted art/craft materials to pay for the redecoration of the room. It will be a mammoth task but worth it in the end to be able to have back all the nooks and crannies of the house which are currently stuffed full of our crafting materials. I intend to photograph the transformaton, memory permitting!

Oh and the tumble dryer stopped working today, typical as Saturday and Sunday are major washing days in this house and of course it is pouring down with rain and has been since I got up this morning. Its one of those dark days where you need a light on all the time. Still on a positive note, I have done all I need to do for today, dinner is cooked, tarot readings are done, number 2 son is finishing the painting and daughter is at her fellas. Little un of couse has left us too it and gone skateboarding and partying today, which means its time for CROCHET and boy does that make me happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Not to be able to crochet for more than a couple of hours? AAARRRGGGHHH!! Even when I am camping/vending, as soon as camp and store is set up I grab my hook and get to hooking! Can't wait to see the pics of your new crafting space. ;o)

    ReplyDelete